The United States is one of the world’s most popular tourist destinations. However obtaining a US Tourist Visa at the US Embassy in Thailand can be difficult without a US immigration attorney. Thailand is not a visa waiver country. A Thai national who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a US Tourist Visa by submitting a US visa application at the US Embassy in Bangkok or US Consulate in Chiang Mai.
The US Tourist Visa allows a Thai citizen to travel to the United States. A B-2 Tourist Visa issued by the US Embassy Thailand may allow the Thai citizen to travel back and forth to the United States for up to 10 years. Each entry into the United States, the B-2 visa holder may be given authorized period of stay for up to six months.
The US Tourist Visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows a Thai citizen to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or as a tourist or visitor (B-2). If the purpose of your planned travel is for a holiday or vacation, including tourism, sightseeing, visits with friends or family, relaxation, hospital treatment, and activities of a social or service nature, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the appropriate type of visa for entry into the United States.
US BUSINESS VISA THAILAND: If the purpose for your planned travel is to consult with potential business partners, travel for a investigation of new business leads, education endeavors, professional or business seminars, attend on conference, or negotiate a business deal, then a business (B-1) visitor visa would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel. US Business visa applicants from Thailand have a high percentage of approval rate if you will show the proper supporting documents such as the Thai company registration, corporate tax receipts, VAT receipts, Thai employee social insurance payments, Thai bank account statements for the last 3 years, loans by the company, listing of business assets and the need for the applicant to attend to the business matter in the US.
US TOURIST VISA THAILAND: Applying for a Thai girlfriend to travel to the US for a short holiday to meet your friends and family will prove to be a difficult process. The Thai girlfriend will have to establish that they plan on returning to Thailand. If there is intent on getting married, officials at the US Embassy in Thailand would most likely deny the Tourist Visa application and advise the Thai girlfriend to apply for an appropriate visa such as K1 Visa Thailand.
Many US Citizens are not aware of this problem when encouraging their girlfriend to apply for a US tourist visa. The Thai girlfriend’s US tourist visa application is most likely to be rejected once the consulate officer discovers the romantic relationship during the US visa interview. The interviewing officer will assume that the applicant will stay in the US and not return to Thailand. Had the couple consulted the US Embassy officials in Bangkok prior to the tourist visa application they may have been advised to apply for the K1 Fiancé Visa in Thailand instead.
But, if the Thai applicant is a legitimate tourist, with intent of going to the US for sole tourism purpose, meet the financial requirement and visa eligibility, able to provide supporting documents for Tourist Visa application, then US Tourist Visa is for him/her.
Applying for a US Tourist Visa Thailand
Under U.S. law, applicants for a US Tourist Visa must qualify on their own for visas to visit the United States.
- Complete the required DS-160 online application form;
- Submit evidences that their visit is temporary
- Undergo security clearance review
Important Documents Needed for All Type of Applicants
- Application Form DS-160, completed and submitted
- Current, valid passport or travel document
- Passport 2x2 in Photograph
- Application fees.
- Evidence of funds to cover your expenses in the United States
- Evidence of compelling social and economic ties to Thailand
US Citizens often contact us and ask if they can write a letter of support for the Thai applicant to visit the United States. Under U.S. law, however, applicants for a US Tourist Visa must qualify on their own for visas to visit the United States.
This is what applicants must do to qualify for visitor visas:
- Complete and sign the required application forms;
- Bring evidence that their visit is temporary and that they will return home
- Show financial ability to fund their travel and stay in the US
Why choose us for Your US Tourist Visa Application
Here at TLS firm, we provide you with services, which may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation that the B-2 visa is appropriate for you
- Extensive check-list of documents that you need for your B-2 visa
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with agencies
- Expert advise on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited personal communication with our US Visa Attorney