Canada offers various educational or academic prospects to foreigners. It's no surprise therefore that a lot of foreigners would like to go to Canada to take advantage of these educational offers. Thais are among those foreigners who flock to Canada to study. Like the rest of the foreign students, Thais are required a Student Permit if they would like to study in Canada for more than six months. This permit or visa needs to be obtained at the Canadian embassy in Thailand before their departure.
Documents Required for the Student Visa Application
- Completed Visa Application Form - Fill out the form clearly and accurately. Get the form here. (Note: You need to have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before you can view this file.)
- Valid Passport - The passport must have a validity period covering your period of stay in Canada. It should not expire before your return to Thailand. Old passports need to get submitted as further proof of identity.
- Recent Photograph – Four recent photographs, taken not more than 6 months before the application. See specifications here.
- Original copy of the admission letter from the school / university
- Most Recent Record of Previous Study - You may provide transcript of records, diploma, or certificates. If these documents are in Thai, have them translated into English.
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency - Results of your IELTS or TOEFL maybe required to substantiate this.
- Evidence of Financial Support
- Police Clearance - This needs to be provided by students who are 18 years old and older to certify their good character.
- Medical Certificate - This needs to be obtained following embassy's medical instructions once your visa application is provisionally approved.
Student Visa Process
Once you are admitted to a program in one of the universities in Canada, you are ready to apply for Canada Student Visa in Thailand. The following would be the process of the application:
- Complete all the required documents.
- Visa application must be made at the Canadian Embassy in your country of residence, your country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted.
- An interview may be required depending on the visa officer's discretion
- Applicants will be notified by the embassy once the results of the application are ready.
How TLS firm Can Assist You
We can assist you with the professional preparation of your visa application documents through our full service package as follows:
- Full review of your personal, financial, and employment history
- Liaise with your Canadian University for the documents to furnish for the application
- Consultation with our Canadian Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of documents needed for visa application (both applicant and sponsor)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondences
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the Consular interview (if any)