What is an Australian Fiancée Visa?
Australian Fiancée Visa Thailand application allows Thai or non-Australian fiancées of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, and eligible New Zealand citizens to reside with their partners in Australia. The holders of this visa can stay in Australia for 9 months and have their visas adjusted accordingly after marriage.
To be able to sponsor your Thai fiancée to Australia, you need to:
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Be 18 years of age
- Have met your fiancée in person and have personally known each other
- Have the freedom to marry
To be able to apply for Australia Fiancée Visa, you need to:
- Be 18 years of age or above otherwise parental consent is needed to marry
- Have the freedom to marry
- Pass a character clearance or has no criminal records
- Pass a health clearance
- Have met your sponsor in person and have personally known each other
The specific requirements for the Australian Fiancée Visa Thailand application are as follow:
- Evidence of relationship. It is necessary to show proof of genuine and on-going relationship as well as the sincere intention of the sponsor and the applicant to get married. You are therefore advised to keep every piece of evidence proving your relationship. Those can be in the forms of photos taken together, email or correspondence exchanges, money transfer receipts, air tickets and others.
- Evidence of sufficient funds and accommodation. As the sponsor, you should be able to show proof of your financial capability and accommodation to support your fiancée once in Australia. If you are not able to do so, you can have an Australian resident to act as the sponsor of your fiancée.
Your Thai fiancée has to visit the VFS Bangkok to submit your application documents and application fees. The VFS will then transfer your documents to Australian embassy for evaluation process. This process can take up to 6 to 12 months to complete. The documents that the Australian Fiancée Visa Thailand applicants need to submit are as follow:
- Duly accomplished application form
- Current, valid passport or travel document
- Photos, Visa fee
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Evidence of accommodation
- Evidence of stable employment
- Evidence of the date and venue of the marriage
- Flight ticket reservation
The Australian Fiancée Visa holder will be entitled to the following privileges:
- Enter Australia before marriage
- Multiple entries to Australia within the allowed 9-months period of stay
- Work in Australia with this visa
- Apply for a spouse visa after your marriage registration
- Study in Australia (without being entitled to government funding)
- Avail of Australia's medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme
Contact any of our Australian immigration attorneys in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, or Phuket to arrange your Australian Tourist Visa in Thailand.
What We Can Do For You
Our Australian Visa in Thailand service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own personal and employment history
- Consultation and confirmation what type of visitor visa is appropriate for you
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for you and your sponsor (if any)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with the government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Australian Visa specialists