An Italy Tourist Visa or a Schengen visa is issued to foreigners who would like to have a short period of travel to Italy for tourism, business or family visit purposes. Schengen visa holders are allowed to stay in Italy and the Schengen area for a maximum of 90 days in a 6-month period. Since Italy is one of the Schengen countries, the requirements of visa are similar as those mandated by other Schengen countries.
Those who need to apply for Italy Tourist Visa are:
- Citizens of non- European Union and non-European Economic Area countries
- Other foreign nationals who are not in the visa exemption category.
Thai citizens, who are not holders of diplomatic or service passports, need a Schengen visa to visit Italy.
The visa sticker shows the number of days a foreigner is allowed to stay in the country as well as the number of entries allowed to explore and visit the other Schengen states. For a maximum, foreigners are allowed to remain in the country for ninety (90) days every six (6) months.
Italian Visit Visa Requirements
The requirements for a visit visa are the following. Candidates need to show:
- Lack of propensity to be either a public or security threat to the Italian government
- A valid passport with at least three-month validity
- A travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000
- An invitation from the sponsor to clarify the purpose of the travel, for private visits
- Sufficiency of financial resources or in case of financial incapacity, a formal pledge executed by the sponsor taking full responsibility of the entire costs to be incurred by the applicant
- Compliance with other specific requirements requested by the Italian diplomatic mission in Thailand
Visa Application Process
- STEP 1 - The applicant must visit the nearest Italian embassy or consulate, as the case may be, and inquire about the specific visitor visa application requirements. Personal visits are encouraged since such assures more timely and accurate information.
- STEP 2 - Upon learning the requirements, identifying and gathering the application form, documents, records and certificates required come next. In cases of financial incapacity to finance the visit, coordination with the sponsor must be done immediately.
- STEP 3 - Then, visa candidates should pay the application fee.
- STEP 4 - Scheduling an appointment is next on the list. In order to avoid delays and waiting time, it would be best for applicants to call the embassy's call center to secure a spot.
- STEP 5 - During the scheduled appointment, submission of all the requirements must be done. After submission, waiting time for the approval starts. Applicants may continue to follow-up their applications by calling the embassy.
Italian diplomatic missions usually process visitor visas for approximately two (2) to ten (10) working days. Extensions may possibly occur especially during the peak season.
Italian embassy in Thailand processes the Schengen visa for approximately 3 to 10 working days. This process may take longer than usual during high season.
What TLS firm Can Do For You
Our Italian visit visa service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation that this visa is appropriate for you
- Extensive checklist of documents that you need for your visa application
- Thorough preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone and in person with our Italian Visa Specialists